الأحد، 20 مارس 2011

Day

Sir Cecil Spring-Rice



-:About Him

Sir Cecil Arthur Spring-Rice GCMG GCVO (27 February 1859 – 14 February 1918), was a British diplomat who served as British Ambassador to the United States from 1912 to 1918.

Spring-Rice was the son of Hon. Thomas William Spring Rice, second son of the prominent Whig politician and former Chancellor of the Exchequer Thomas Spring Rice, 1st Baron Monteagle of Brandon. He was educated at Eton and Balliol College, Oxford.

Commissioner of Public Debt in Cairo 1901

He wrote the present text for the legendary hymn I Vow to Thee My Country, which can now be found in many British Hymn books, revising a poem of his own, about the same time. He was a close friend of Sir Ignatius Valentine Chirol, a British journalist and later diplomat, with whom he corresponded for many years.



Day

.I am busy',said the sea'
.I am busy',think of me'
.making continents to be
.I am busy' ,said the sea'
I am busy',said the rain'
.when i fall it's not in vain'
.wait and you will see the grain
.I am busy' , said the rain'
.I am busy',said the air '
,blowing here and blowing there'
,up and down and everywhere
.I am busy',said the air'
.I am busy' , said the sun'
,all my planets,every one'
.know my work is never done
,I am busy',said the sun'
,sea and rain and air and sun
,here's a fellow toiler-one
.whose task will soon be done





ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق